SEO agencies are over-represented on the Internet (and in your spam folder, most likely) because everyone and their dog thinks they can do SEO. There are a lot of sharks out there, both in the U.S., Canada and the U.K., and offshore, who have put out a shingle as an SEO agency. They can rarely deliver the results, and are mostly sales organizations. They are order-takers who outsource the work for pennies on the dollar and produce shoddy work, potentially getting you penalized by Google’s “quality filters.”
What To Look For In SEO Agencies
We believe SEO agencies should focus on:
- Personalized Customer Service. It’s important to understand the client’s business intimately. We take the time to get to know each client’s business goals and objectives, because we are totally invested in your success.
- Integrity and Truthfulness. SEO requires a lot of trust, precisely because there are so many sharks in the business. For the ethical SEO agency, it is never OK to blow smoke just to get the project. We believe it’s better to lose a client by telling the truth about the prospects of success than get a client for just a few months. We want long-term clients who stick with us for years to come, and that requires a commitment to the relationship on the part of the SEO agency.
- Intense Keyword Analysis. Keyword analysis is critical in providing a solid foundation for SEO. Good initial research and analysis produces creative SEO strategies that hadn’t been thought of and helps to prioritize time and budget resources into the segments of your market that will produce the best return on investment.
- Quality Content. SEO agencies should never engage in web spam, the type of spam that puts unreadable, unintelligible robot-produced content onto blogs and social networks. We don’t hire non-native-language writers, because the result is disastrous to both your rankings and online reputation. A spammy article written by a third-world uneducated writer will remain online for many years to come, putting your business in a bad light. We only produce content your company won’t be embarrassed to be associated with.
- Measurable Results. We don’t want a business relationship filled with excuses and empty promises. We focus on delivering measurable results that directly impact your bottom line. You’ll be able to track each month’s work progress through your online dashboard, and see your rankings improve on a regular basis. We will deliver results for many keywords, well beyond the main “target keywords” you are paying us to work on, because quality SEO has a “halo effect” on other keywords as well. A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say. We’re not afraid to hold ourselves accountable and prove to you that we’re making you money each month.
If you’ve been interviewing SEO agencies, we hope you’ll give us a call or fill out one of the forms on this site. We’re serious about helping you take your market by storm with aggressive, ethically grounded SEO services.